When you think about Japan, what comes to mind? Maybe samurai warriors, anime characters, or Geishas. But if you’re thinking of Japanese restaurants in the United States, you’re in for a surprise. There are actually a lot of excellent Japanese restaurants in America that are worth the trip. In fact, depending on where you are located, you may have several options right in your backyard. Whether you’re looking for sushi, ramen, rice bowls, yakitori, or something completely different, these 16 restaurants will have something to offer. So whether you’re a fan of Japanese cuisine or just want to experience some new dishes, investigate these 16 establishments and see which one hits the spot.
Why Japanese Restaurants are So Popular in America
Japanese cuisine has become one of the most popular cuisines in America. Why? There are a few reasons. First, Japanese cuisine is very light and easy to digest, so it is perfect for those who are looking for healthy eating options. Secondly, Japanese cuisine is known for its creative and intricate recipes that are both visually and thematically appealing. Finally, Japanese restaurants are known for their exceptional customer service, which makes dining out a truly pleasurable experience. Here are five of the best Japanese restaurants in America:
1) Izakaya Shu in Los Angeles
Izakaya Shu is a highly acclaimed sushi restaurant located in Los Angeles. The restaurant has been awarded two Michelin stars and has been featured on “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.” Izakaya Shu’s sushi is some of the best in the city and its menu features both traditional and innovative sushi items. In addition to sushi, the restaurant also offers an extensive list of sake and wine selections.
2) Sushi Roku in New York City
Sushi Roku is one of New York City’s most popular sushi restaurants. The restaurant has been awarded four stars by both The New York Times and Forbes magazine, as well as being voted Best Sushi Spot by Conde Nast readers. Sushi Roku’s menu features mouthwatering rolls such as the Dragon Roll and Spider Roll, as well as sashimi items that are simply exquisite. With prices that start at $19
Top 5 Japanese Restaurants in America
When it comes to Japanese cuisine, America has some of the best in the world. Whether you’re a fan of sushi or ramen, these five restaurants are worth your trip.
The first restaurant on our list is Sushi Roku in Santa Monica, California. This traditional sushi restaurant offers an amazing variety of rolls and nigiri (sushi made with raw fish). If you’re looking for something a little more novel, try the monkey bowl, which is made with assorted sushi rolls and tempura shrimp. Prices at Sushi Roku are very reasonable, especially considering all that you’re getting your hands on.
If you’re in the mood for a bit more variety, then head over to Umi Sushi in San Francisco. This restaurant offers its guests a wide range of sushi options as well as sashimi and nigiri. The prices here can be pretty high, but it’s definitely worth it for the omakase (chef’s choice) option – which lets you try different items from their extensive menu without having to decide beforehand.
Next on our list is Raku in Seattle. This modern Japanese restaurant offers diners an amazing range of dishes including yakitori (grilled chicken skewers), teriyaki salmon and toro tuna tataki (raw tuna served on rice). Prices can be steep at times, but if you’re willing to splurge a bit Raku makes for an incredibly delicious experience.
What to Order at a Japanese Restaurant
There are many great Japanese restaurants in America, and each has its own distinct flavor and specialty. Here are the five best Japanese restaurants in America that are worth the trip:
1. Sushi Roku: This New York City restaurant is known for its creative sushi rolls and sumptuous nigiri (sushi pieces). It’s also an intimate eatery, so make a reservation if you want to enjoy a truly luxurious sushi experience.
2. Izakaya Noodle Bar: This Los Angeles favorite serves up noodles with a unique selection of sauces and toppings that will tantalize your taste buds. The atmosphere is casual and inviting, perfect for grabbing some dinner after work or catching a movie at the nearby theater.
3. Katsu-Ya: This Boston-based chain is best known for its signature chicken katsu, which is deep-fried chicken cutlet served with rice, salad, and miso sauce. It’s also home to one of the most extensive sake collections in North America.
4. Benihana: Located in Las Vegas, this popular Japanese steakhouse offers an interactive experience where diners cook their own meat using chef-selected ingredients on a large open grill. The restaurant also features beautiful decor and innovative menu items such as the volcano bowl – an extravagant mix of seafood and vegetables served in a steaming volcanic crater bowl with rice on the side.
5. Teppanyaki Tokyo Yakiniku: This popular Orlando
Whether you’re a fan of sushi or Tempura, there’s a Japanese restaurant in America that will cater to your taste. From coastal hubs like San Francisco and Los Angeles to major metropolitan areas such as New York City and Chicago, these 16 restaurants offer something for everyone who wants to explore Japanese cuisine. Whether you’re looking for a romantic night out with your loved ones or some fresh seafood for dinner, these restaurants are worth the trip.